Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Why do people with tourette's shout out swear words and not just "egg" or "grass"?


Answer:
it really depends on the person. i have a form of tourette's were i tick my neck , head and shoulders and that also comes with a heaping side helping of OCD. i dont yell out cures words. i tick and compulsively do things, like i crack my knuckles CONSTANTLY and i roll my eyes alot and blink alot. you just cant help it.
What is tourettes? I don't like labels, it really isn't understanding the condition. Maybe they just want to swear.
Maybe because there getting pissed off that every other word is interupted with a disturbance.
not all people with tourettes shout obscenities (coprolalia), that's actually a very specific type, and it's not common at all. most people with tourettes have a physical tic..myself, i shrug my shoulders and blink my eyes really hard, i've had that tic since i'm a little girl. you really can't help it most of the time, it's even harder if you're under stress or if you're worrying about something.
My brother never shouts out swear words. He says things like "kek kek kek" or just random words or a random phrase. Sometimes he kind of barks/yips. And he jerks sometimes. It's totally obvious it's a neurological problem to anyone who sees him do these things. I will say, it scares the heck out of me when he yells "NO!" or something like that when I am driving. I think he saw something I didn't!
Not all people do swear.I have Tourettes and dont swear any different then anyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Why do i feel Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net