Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Why do some people think thats ADD(Attentiom-deficiet disorder) doesn't really exist?


Answer:
People really upset me when people say this. My son is ADHD. These people have never had to live with one. They hardly sleep, always into something, Anger over thing they can't do. People thing they are just trouble makers. They do not know how hard these kids try. I was one of those parents who was everyday at the kitchen table doing homework with him. I never gave
up. We had alot of rough times. The day he got his diploma was the happiest day of my life. Yes he did have medication, we tried severial different ones. It would work for awhile then quit. So any parent out there there is ADHD and never give up. I have found out over the years These kids are very smart, Its just that their brain works so fast, These kids can't keep up with it. These kids have to have alot of one and one school work. They have to have the same routine. I am sorry for going on like this, This is a sore subject with me. My son is 25 now. I am really proud of him. Everything he has got out life he struggled but he did it.
I think that ADD doesn't exist. I honestly believe that parents took the time to nuture and exercise their children 50 years ago, and over active kids became football stars. Now overactive kids become overly medicated, over weight video game players. Learn to channel your children's energy and you will find how much less "over active" they are.
Because it's used to identify cases of 'lack of dicipline' more that cases of ADD.
Probably because a lot of people use that as an excuse to say why they act so darn crazy or not paying attention or wanting to move around all the time... But it does it exist and people who really have them, you can tell because they needs their medicine. it's a big difference!
I think part of the problem is that once everyone knew what ADD and ADHD were as well as the medications parents or doctors would just want to calm their kids down too even if they were just normal kids with a lot of energy. Since ritalin and other drugs are way overprescribed these days, it seems to downplay legitimate cases of ADD.
Because it's overdiagnosed. Kids are often hyperactive with short attention spans, but that's normal. Parents and teachers use an ADD diagnosis and medication to drug them into submission instead of going through the more difficult process of teaching them to behave. That means the few kids who genuinely have ADD get lumped in with the majority who are just energetic, curious kids with lazy, preoccupied parents.
They think that because they think the child is just being a bad kid that won;t listen or mind,,,,doctors now know that alot of this is add and with medicines and a therapist they can live a normal nice life but without being diagnosed they just think the kid is a brat and unruly and that is far from the Truth kids cannot help what they have mentally,,,,,lol
I do believe it exist. But not to the scale that everyone say. I believe it a cop out for the parents and the kids. I believe that people are to quick to medicate there kids because they are a little hyper.There needs to be more testing on the kids beofer they are medicated and diagnosed with ADD.
parents need to start disaplening there kids better and take more responsibility for there kids actions.
As a special education teacher I would say it is the most overprescribed problem in the US. I would say only 15% of my students that are diagnosed actually have ADHD.

People get sceptical of it when everyone seems to have the diagnosis when alot of times it is dicipline and parenting

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Why do i feel Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net