Sunday, October 25, 2009

Why are ADHD children so destructive?

why are ADHD children so destructive
Answer:
I have two children that are ADHD. One is not destructive with property or other. My youngest on also is diagnossed with Bi-polar disorder. He is very destructive and out of control. Just for the record it has nothing to due with disipline. I would highly suggest that if your child is showing destructive behavior you have him/her revaluated for other problems. ADHD children are more just on the move and unable to concentrate and keep on the task at hand. If you child is being medicated with say Concerta and has another mental health issue you could be seeing this destructive behavior as well.
They wouldn't be if they were properly disciplined
They don't comprehend respecting other people's things and don't truly have a feel for right and wrong.
PS My husband would agree with Missy. He thinks ADD or ADHD kids just need a good whuppin'
It has nothing to do with disipline!
I have a friend who has a little brother with adhd, and all she does is scream at him and tell him she's going to spank him if he doesn't stop. That is not the proper way to handle it! Children with adhd need help from a doctor and medicine, NOT spankings!. I was adhd when I was younger. My mom said I never stopped. I was always bouncing off the walls and wouldn't sleep. She did not hit me or scream at me. I went to see a doc and got help.
I do not know why they are so destructive, or do things that they know are wrong, however I have an adhd child and I can tell you that absolutely has nothing to do with discipline. I have noticed that if I keep my son intrigued, or even some what involved in something so that his mind does not have time to get into trouble, he does much better. I am no doctor, just a well educated mother, but I think that they get bored very quickly, and then that is when it all starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Why do i feel Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net