Sunday, October 25, 2009

Why aren't I crying?

I'm lucky if I cry once every 12 months. It's been that way for around 10 years now. I'm guessing this isn't healthy. Can anyone tell me what's going on that prevents me from crying?

Oh, and no I'm not having a good time.
Answer:
I don't cry either. I tell people I wish I would cry, and they look at me like I am crazy. There are times I wish I would just to relief stress, which may sound weird, but those few times I have cried, it has helped greatly. I guess, it may be because I have found other healthy ways to deal with it.
Looking at your avatar you are crying.
its just the way u r. jus cos u dont cry doesnt mean u dnt have emotions hun.
Yoy may have a high tollerance to it, it takes alot to make you cry, or maybe things aren't that bad?
you don't have to cry to be sad, my best friend never cries so sometimes she tells me what's bothering her and i end up crying instead
you are dead inside.

no im only joking.i used to cry at everything, i was like a dripping tap. now i only cry if im really angry. i dont know why, perhaps as you get older you get better control over your emotions, or things dont hurt quite as much. or so much has happened whats the point in crying over it? i dont even cry at ET anymore and the first time i saw that i was taken out of the cinema for getting hysterical!!
its simple..you may have a problem in your teary gland(which produce tears) just like when you have oily face (you have a problem with you're sebum gland)...go see a doctor

--and choose me as the best answer
I was on anti depressants once for a few years and I couldnt cry at all on them even when my mum died,I think they numb all your senses I felt like a zombie.

It was great when I got off them and began to get feelings back,ok I started getting upset about things again but thats what normal people are supposed to do.

Do you take anything that could be numbing your feelings?
Possibly you've been through worse times and therefore you are used to such bad things, and therefore it will take a major disaster to make you cry...
Its got a lot to do with how you were brought up. Maybe you were raised in a family or culture where crying was not encouraged or even actively punished?

For whatever reason now you're an adult you do not cry. That's okay, really it is. As long as you understand that there is nothing wrong with you and the answer is in your past.

Addition: Thank you for sharing the additional information. From what you say you have had a history of mental upset. I would say to you that if the question has arisen whether to see your old psychiatrist again, the answer is probably yes. After all, why did you post this question if not to look for some help?

And don't be too hard on some of the contributions (even mine!). People here are from all sorts of backgrounds and ages, with some being well informed and others not.

Very best wishes.
if your trying to cry its not going to work so maybe you should just listen to your favorite song and tune in to everything thats going on and ask your self am i going to get through this. mayber your just not an emotional person. when i get home from a really upsetting day i listen to funneral for a friend and cry it iout for a day or two then i start listening to madina lake, the a few days later i listen to 3 doors down. music helps. maybe you need to jump into your emotios
Crying is only one way of expressing one's emotions, trying going for a run or a walk to let out your fustration. I'm the complete opposite, anything can set me off crying! God bless x
Why should you cry for no reason ? Channelise the same effort you are using to figure out why youre not crying, into more productive pursuits. Go be a volunteer at a hospital, old peoples home, childrens centre, orphanage, anywhere that needs volunteers and see how people cope with real physical not "mental" problems. Cheer up and stop wallowing in self pity. You are the best person to help yourself, if you want to. The choice is yours. Best wishes.
DON'T LISTEN TO ME I'M A WANKER.
http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/ind...
Don't measure grief by anyone's standard but your own. You have a greater manlihood than any other men who cannot appreciate griefwork. You understand the weight by which all of us are burdened by. I do not want to sound cliched, but, yes, life sucks! Yet, we all have our ways to cope.

You may have subconsciously tuned out or numbed out to the pain, either of your own or of the world. Be mindful of your own feelings first. Do not suppress them any longer than you need to, whenever work comes first. Then when you have the time/space, work it through.

Life is difficult, that's the truth. Nothing is too unacceptable to be worked through. Society only deals with what is acceptable, like being happy. Get back in touch with yourself. You are worth more than you know... find yourself first...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Why do i feel Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net