Sunday, October 25, 2009

Why do i count things ALL the freaking time and cant stop?? do i have OCD??


Answer:
Did you work as a cashier for a wile?
Yes you may have a type of ocd but it;s not the end of the world..my son had it bad everything has to be in the same spot and the coins have to be lined all neatly 24/7 but with his meds and his therapist he is getting better at not doing it so much so he doesn;t stress out so much. if you think you have go to your doctor and she can get you hooked up to work on getting you better also....good luck
let me count the ways. no i don't think so maybe it is just a strange hobby for you.
do u feel like you NEED to do it.then its a yes...if you find yourself you cant stop doing it, you may need psychological help, ocd can be treated with medicine and lots of behavioral re-education. Good luck!
sOUNDS LIKE A PROBLEM. I think everyone secretly does weird stuff like that though.
My moms boyfriend does this, counts steps, swallows when he is drinking, number of times he cuts something when he is cooking, number of hammer noises the neighbor next door made while putting up the new bird feeder; EVERYTHING. It got to the point where it was bothering him so he went to the doctor where he was diagnosed with OCD, a mild case, but OCD nonetheless. He was prescribed Paxil and the counting has stopped! If its bothering you tell your primary care physician and he can prescribe you something or refer you to someone who will.
I have OCD and sometimes find myself doing the counting. I would have it checked out only if it is affecting your life in a negative way. I prefer not to be medicated since mine is not that serious. If you find it is getting in the way of leading a normal life then you need to talk to someone.
je panse que tuis di eau dador
Both me and my daughter had bouts with ocd. What worked for us is to resist the urge to do what your urge it. It weakens as time goes by.maybe in days. It's like it helps trick the brain to function more properly. Otherwise, meds can help without having to take them for a long period of time...depends on each individual's chemistry but in 3 months it helped my daughter and if she started to get it again, she learned to just fight it and it go away itself quickly. Keep your mind focused on other things to help get you through it. What upsets me is that my friends husband has ocd in different forms and he would rather upset her and others than to get help for it.
I'm not sure why you do that.
I do that aswell, like counting my steps, words in a sentence and I have a habit of counting Red station waggons on the road. It's weird but there is nothing wrong with me. But if you are worried then go to you're GP.
Good Luck : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Why do i feel Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net