Saturday, October 31, 2009

Why do I feel so sad?

I dont know why I'm feeling so sad and like I want to cry. It was like this morning I was happy. Well, I feel worried too and I dont know why. Things that are going in my life is that my dad is going to the states and I've been waiting to go for three yrs since I moved to the Philippines and I've been depressed about that. I also have to go math tutorings everyday when i'm on summer vacation and I have a summer job teaching Koreans english. It's not really teaching though, it's more like making friends and getting paid for talking to them in english. Anywho, i'm also having a friendship problem but I dont know, I've been over that I think, it happened a couple months ago and I have to go back to school with her. And well.. I dont have much of a big social life, I've been busy and stuff so yea. Im just 14 and these deep feelings keep coming to me since I moved which was like 2 or 3 yrs ago. I left so much behind. What is bothering me and why am I like this?
Answer:
You may be suffering from anxiety or depression. I have both, in large generous measure. This stuff messes up your perception of life. THings are NOT as bad as they seem, your feelings lie to you.
What you are doing with the Korean students is important and IS teaching. If you do this right you will do more to help them learn English than anyone else. I have done what you are doing off and on for years and have many people tell me that I have helped them a lot. You can find a lot of creative and fun ways to be a tutor. I use recorded weather and traffic broadcasts since this is something relevant that they will need every day. Using almanacs and maps is another good teaching tool.
As for your friend problem, these things hurt while they are happening, but this too will pass. You will meet many other friends in the future, and they will either be temporaryy or you will meet life long friends who will always stick by you. It's just how it is.
See if you have a counselor you can trust, or if you go to church, you may have a good pastor or elder who can give you a hand.
I will be praying for you. Fourteen can be a lonely time. It was for me, until I met friends who were in the same boat I was (being a nerd).
Hang in there!!
You just answered your own question. You've got a full plate and it doesn't sound like you have much fun. It's hard when their are a lot of changes in your life and your reaction is perfectly normal. Talk to your dad and tell him your concerns. Why not get to know some of the local kids and hang out?
Look dear... Be your own company .. that is best at the moment.. Be sure.. no one can bother you if you do not allow them to bother .. we bother our self .. and somewhere.. we enjoy doing so .. using it as our pass time.. divert your attention... whatever you do .. put yourself in it .. do not try to put something else in you .. put yourself in it.. it becomes your best help source.. just try ..

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Why do i feel Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net