Saturday, October 31, 2009

Why do people develop eating disorders?


Answer:
I had an eating disorder, I can tell you.
It's the issue with you feel the need to be skinny, you watch TV and see all these models and it freaks you out until you starve yourself or puke.
It also has to do with peer pressure and friend. My best friend is a size 2, she never puts pressure on me though, never has, but I was jealous, I wanted to be that small.
It all in what parents say too, my parents used to say that I wasn't as skinny as they were and it made me feel really bad about myself.
Its in the mind and all the surroundings. I was scared and felt like I was an outcast. Its a hard thing to deal with and over come. But its all in the self image and what I had to see everyday. Now with my friends I am proud to be back to a size 7 and I think models are sickening.
they feel like sh*it
peer pressure, seeing celebrities thin, wanting attention, teasing about weight, etc
in the family
they just can not help it
personal problems, stress, financial hardships.
they they suck at life
Getting teased about their weight often makes them develop an ED, seeing thin celebrities on TV makes them want to look like that, seeing a distorted body image of themselves, to gain control.
I would think low self esteem or trauma. Maybe a chemical imbalance.
Because they feel bad about themselves.
IDK
Usually it's because they feel inferior to others. They have low self esteem, so when they actually get thin they don't realize it b/c they're so used to hating themselves so they continue to loose weight, not realizing they're suffering a mental break-down.

Before they know it, they're in the hospital having almost died from kidney failure and low-potassium levels, but even this is not a wake-up call for some so those people die.

In the end it's due to societal pressures mixed with unbalanced brain activity.
ha i've got one so i can answer this real well. you see, we look at ourselfs differently then other people and when looking at myself i see this huge girl standing there and it disgusts me, and i am overweight, i know it, i'm like 5'3'' and i weigh a freaking 108 pounds, but i see myself as more over weight then i actually am, so my docter said, and i think i started because i saw all these beautiful celebraties that were like 95 pounds and they're taller than me, and i dont know, us eating disordered people are messed up, DO NOT start making yourself throw up, do it healthier, i meant to do it just till i reached like 90 pounds, but now i cant freaking stop, it just keeps coming up =[
bulimia runs in my family and now i have it for 4 yrs. now
Eating disorders all come about for different reasons. I believe that most are actually about control and self worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Why do i feel Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net