Sunday, October 25, 2009

Why do hormones make me like this...?

During my period [especially the week before] I get terrible memory loss, I can drive somewhere %26 forget where I am or how to get back, I have vivid flashbacks to my childhood that are so real to me I think I'm there again (e.g. my daughter becomes my little sister, my husband is my Dad etc) and I can't tell you what I ate last night, what we did or who we met.

I asked my Dr and he said HORMONES! I also get clumsy (drop things, break things, spill things, bang my toes all the time etc). I've been really worried, it got worse after giving birth and now I have to write lists of everything or else I'll forget to do even the simplest things such as regular cleaning duties.

I feel like Alzheimers is setting in and I'm only 36!
Answer:
oh thank god!it is not just me that has this problem!
i have been trying acupuncture, and i am much much better now!you could try reflexology as well
i am 35 and my pms was getting worse over the years!
i think your doctor is right, i have severe pms, and don't belive people that say this is nothing to do with your period.
if it is regulary and 1 week before your period is pms.
try alternative medicine, do sport and eat healty, take some time for yourself and avoid stress.
for me the worst thing, apart from this disease, is to make people to understand that i have a problem.
most of the people do not belive.

just think that the week before my period i felt sick and i use to confuse all the little shadow around me as black spiders!!

take care
It is iron deficiency. Or at least that is what it was in my case. I would literally have a list of the clothes I needed to put on in the morning lest I forget. I started taking multi-vitamins and specifically an iron suppliment during mid-cycle and voila, it was like magic!

Good luck, HTH
I would get a second opinion, and by the way, a severe deficiency in b vitamins can cause alheimers type symptoms, so I hope you are taking a good multi vitamin along with your calcium, which all us females need--you might even want to get an extra b vitamin supplement. this can't hurt you, even if it doesn't fix this problem, but I have never heard of hormones affecting anyone quite this way, and if it does, it sounds like an inbalance of them to me, so maybe you should see someone who specializes in hormone related issues..maybe an endrocrinologist?
you should seek out a second opinion. getting older is such a trip. a few years ago, i would stare at the stove.i was working a lot and tired when i was going around the house turning things off for the night. i thought i was getting a.d.d. or something. come to find out that it was my eyes. turn 40 and your eyes go to hell.lol...it could just be hormones, but your case sounds a little more intense than i myself feel comfortable with. i mean, if you were my friend :) i would ask you to get a second opinion just to be certain theres nothing else going on that needs attention. good luck hon
Were you abused as a child? With what you are describing, it is possible to think you may suffer from multiple personnality disorder. This is common with victims of abuse because in order to emotionally survive the trauma, the body will create these other persons. Please be open to this possibility.
My friend is just the same, only last week she was telling me about it.Your doctor should have recommended something for you to take, or suggest something in your diet to help.Go back and ask.Also, it might be worth you asking at the chemist about herbal medication for you to take leading up to your period.Bach Flower Remedies are supposed to be good.Best of luck, and you're not alone.xxx
i would go and see another doctor to get a second opinion....i think we all go a bit scatty on our periods but your symptoms sound very escalated. hope you get it sorted.
It is possible it is not hormones but just your brain.

Doctors sometimes use an excuse to make women feel better about themselves.

When a woman tries on a new dress then asks her husband, "do you think this dress makes me look fat"? The husband will say "no dear, the dress does not make you look fat" instead of what he knows is the truth: "no sugar pie, it is not the dress--you are fat". So, people often say things just to make you feel better.

Now the doctor may know you are ditzy but to be nice, will call it "hormones".

It is politically correct to call something a different name in order to ....... well, in order to be politically correct.

"Undocumented workers"---------actually, they are "illegal aliens from Mexico", often not working but drawing free medical care, food and housing and even voting, but to be politically correct for their own personal gain, George Bush will call them "undocumented workers who just want a job".

There are many "Administrative Assistants" at $7.00 per hour who are actually just a file clerk. A name other than what is reality makes somebody "feel good".

Somebody who is insane is called "mentally challenged".

A fat woman wears a "plus size" instead of "fat lady clothes".

So when the doctor wants to brush it off as "hormones", just think of an insane, fat illegal alien who is an administrative assistant, and then you will see that maybe, just maybe, your doctor thinks you are ditzy.
is a bit of stress...chill out ps i guess your doctor is a male.
Have you had a blood test to see if you are going through the menopause?
Hi, it doesn't sound like you have a very understanding GP, it may be worth trying to talk to a different one at your surgery. Possibly a female one, if available.

Try this link to the Mind website:

http://www.mind.org.uk/information/bookl...

the information is easy to read and understand and may just give you some ideas about what happens to you around the time of your period.

Many women suffer from such symptoms but not that many are as brave as you in voicing them, or asking for help.

Good luck to you, and I hope you find some answers to help you.
go to bed and sleep!
try having a blood test for thyroid problems, cause you have some of the symptoms especially the memory loss, l have to write lists and park my car in an exact place or l loose it lol, it might not be this but its worth finding out, its a simple blood test to find out, also has your weight changed either put loads on or lost loads, cause thats a definate sign, hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Why do i feel Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net