Saturday, October 31, 2009

Why do I feel like I'm going to die with panic attacks?


Answer:
It's your body's physical response to your irrational thinking. The adrenalin pumping through your system--when it is not needed--causes this feeling of something being very wrong. When it pumps at the appropriate time, there IS something wrong, so it seems more natural to feel this way.

I have suffered with panic attacks for years. They will not kill you.

The best advice I can give is DON'T FEED THEM! I almost made myself completely agorophobic before I realized what was happening. Your instinct is to avoid the situation that triggered the panic -- but this actually makes it WORSE!

Two very good resources I recommend are "From Panic to Power" by Lucinda Bassett and this article on OCD that was given to me by my counselor: http://www.ocdonline.com/articlephillips...

I kinda freaked when she said "OCD," but it's actually very closely related to anxiety and panic. The article has literally changed my life! Let me know if it helps you (dianehamilton66@yahoo.com).
your fight and flight chemical sensories are miscommunicating. have your liver checked!
Because your mind tells you that you will. You should see a mental professional about this problem. Just knowing why is the first step, but you still need help
Please get on an antidepressant if you aren't already. An antidepressant should stop the panic attacks. Any physician can write a prescription for one.
stop panicing! it's because you're endocrine system just kicked into over drive during something called the "fight or flight" response where you're producing certain hormones that cause your heart to start beating rapidly. which cause your respirations to increase. and then you begin to panic even more. things get out of the normal in ways that make you feel like you can't breat and your heart is about to explode. both things are something you need to live.
Because your heart is racing. It is the fight or flight response taken to the extreme. Meds can help this this as can exercise, deep breathing, and meditation.
because you get scared and all the adrenaline is pumping. Afterwards, you probably feel exhausted.
I have panic attacks and I get the same sensations and feelings that you do. I usually get mine when I am alone, driving, or at home...lol...all the time...but now I am on prozac for the depression and for the panic attacks, and I take a xanax when I have a panic attack. No one has ever died from a panic attack, they CANT and WONT kill you. The best thing to do is to see a doctor and to see a psycharatrist. They will help you. The sooner you go see them the sooner you will stop having them. There is a way to stop them. Dont fear them, whenever one is coming on just relax and tell yourself that your fine and it will be over in a few mins. Dont let it rule your life. I still have them but I am working on make them stop. Just hang in there, everything will be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Why do i feel Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net