Sunday, October 25, 2009

Why are suicide rates highest in the spring season?

http://www.cdc.gov/ncipc/factsheets/suif...
Answer:
http://www.suicidereferencelibrary.com/t...

I personally think it's because people who are depressed see so many happy folks in those months whereas in fall and winter everybody's usually more glum.
Hello Eric.wow..I thought the highest rate was in the winter!. From what I now sunlight has to do with depression. People can suffer from seasonal affective disorder (a type of depression) when they are not exposed to the sun. I am very interested to know the answer!. Argentox2@yahoo.com
I am not sure? I love the spring I am opposite I have Major depression/double depression with winter seasonal affective depression.. so thats a good question
I am not a Dr or scientist, but from what I've read, seen and lived, the wind has a lot to do with suicide rates. I grew up in Colorado, and I read once that the suicide rate in Boulder was higher than anywhere else because of the wind. I work outside and recently have been under a lot of stress because of the situations at the company, and I know for a fact that when the wind is really kicking up, whether from the noise or the fact that the wind is pushing me around, it definitely makes a difference in my mood.
Suicide rates and similar behaviors are more prevalent during the springtime because of the tremendous influx of overwhelming seasonal changes. For persons with certain mental health issues or tendencies, the increased daylight, the new growth and fresh sounds and smells of the earth "coming to life" or "awakening" is similar to a symphony, whereas the rest of us would liken these experiences to a melody or a beautiful song. It is just such a plethora of environmental "increases" that it is very triggering to some. I find the best way to handle patients experiencing this phenomenon is to help them find calm, cool and quiet places/activities/conversation for a scheduled amount of time each day. Certain medications (prescribed by a qualified physician, only) are quite helpful where a definite pattern has been established and documented for a person over the years. Always remember that if someone tells you they feel very sad or self destructive but cannot pinpoint why, this is a cry for help and should not be taken lightly.
umm i dunno everyone is happy but them so they are depressed.
DEAR

SIR NO THEY HAPPEN IN THE WINTER MONTHS LIKE CHRISTMAS WHEN A MOTHER ARE FATHER GETS OUT OF WORK AND CAN NOT GIVE THE CHILD A REALLY GOOD CHRISTMAS OK

TAKE CARE
in bipolar disorder, there is evidence that manic episodes are seasonal, possibly during spring/summer.
and switching to mania after a winter of depression can cause suicide.
I have noticed that alot of killings and bomb threats happen alot more in spring time also. All I can figure is with schools the students are getting tired of school they are getting sture crazy and they are usually worrying about the end of the year finals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Why do i feel Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net