Saturday, October 31, 2009

Why do I keep thinking I'm going to die soon?

I have gotten into the habit of having morbid thoughts. I've just about convinced myself that I'm going to die very soon. I'm not having health problems and my doctor tells me I'm fine so there's no concrete reason I should be obsessing about death.

So, why do I keep thinking that death is near? It's not pleasant to feel this way...to think every night before I go to sleep that I'm not going to wake up again.
Answer:
if you think it enough, it will come true
http://www.caregiver.com/articles/depres...
instead of obsessing about death think about life, and get out and live the feelings should go away.
You probably have an anxiety disorder. I went through that too before I went on antidepressants. I would lay in bed at night and pray that I would wake up in the morning, but just in case I prayed that all my sins were forgiven and made sure my heart was right before I went to sleep. I always woke up. I am taking Effexor 150 mg. Lexapro %26 Paxil work well w/ anxiety also. I don't want to be on meds, however, it has given me my life back. I don't worry about illness %26 dying anymore. You can take some natural things to calm you like valarian, kava, passion flower, 5 htp, gaba to name a few. Here is an excellent link explaining all of the different anxiety disorders. I think it will help you. You need to address this issue. http://www.nimh.nih.gov/healthinformatio...
I agree with Dawn M. It sounds like anxiety. My thoughts were of constant doom and when I was away from family I feared I would never see them again. However, drugs did not work for me they just made me worse. They may work for you but make sure you tell this to a qualified therapist. You are not crazy because you see a therapist. You are crazy if you know you have a problem and think you can solve it without therapy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Why do i feel Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net