Sunday, October 25, 2009

Why can't i talk properly?

when i talk to certain people (even ones i've known for a long time) i tend to slur and combine words together. they make fun of what i say as a joke, but why do i frequently mess up when i talk?
Answer:
There's any number of reasons:
Lack of sleep: NPR's Talk of the Nation featured a guest who wrote a book on failing memory. One subject was brought up about Sleep Deprivation: If you are severely sleep deprived or moderately sleep deprived for a long time, your brain cannot filter useless information out, and things get muddled. If you're a student who is working and up late often, or a mom with young children, then you're likely to fall in to that category.

If sleep isn't an issue, it could also be physiology - if there's something a little funny about the connection of your tongue, your dentist would be able to help you figure that out.

Or, like the previous answer said, it could be completely normal, and just a phase. If your a young adult, your just overwhelmed with information and emotions, and trying to convey all of them is tripping up your tongue - I had that problem a lot when I would try to say something Really Smart sounding, and then just come off as a clown anyway =P

Try taking a breath and slowing down your responses. Everyone loves a good listener :-)
i think its normal i do it all the time
sometimes i do that to my teachers and then they give me a really funny look. maybe you pay more attention to something else than what you are saying.
I tend to do that also. Its either i am so excited to talk to them that i talk to fast and my words get jumbled together or i am nervous and stuff just comes out wrong. You may be like no way not me these are my friends i am talking to but it could happen with out you knowing. when you're talking try to stay calm and talk:)

hope this helps:):)
I think you just need to take the time to properly pronounce each word. Basically, take the effort to. You've probably just become accustomed to sluring that way since you've never tried to stop. Whenever you speak with someone, take the effort to say each each and every word correctly.
Try slowing down. I do the same thing. You prob try to get your point across to fast and it comes out wrong. We are smart people so we think fast so when a thought comes across instead of blurting it out stop and think about what it is you want to say and how you want to say it. It will take some time but you will get the hang of it. Good luck!!
I know certain meds can make you do this. It could also just be nervousness or maybe a speak impediment?

I tend to have issues at times too. Not major. But it's like my mind thinks faster than my mouth so I end up combining words. I don't do it that much, so I just consider it one of my cute little traits.
Stress, you don't say your age, it may come from your childhood, your parents/teachers or people around you were to extrict, criticise, expect too much from you?
If that is the answer, try to remember, and write it down, and when you are talking to someone, SLOW, you wil see a big change.
Try to read loud (to yourself) 10-15 min a day, slow... say every word, every sound. Go to the library and get audio books, they have a perfect speech, so you can copy the sounds.
i have te prob or i have the point where the word wont come out of my mouth, i can only get the first half of it.
its just are brains r tryin 2 move ahead of wat we are sayin and we stutter. at least that is wat i am told. and alos we may have been around ppl likt hat wen we were yunger, or started tyalkin 2 early; causin us 2 ruch words into us 2 quick and then it comes ahrd 4 us 2 speak.

im not 100% sure on that. but thats wat i'm told [:
There are many, many reasons this could happen. When I get excited my voice changes. I sound more like my Danish father than I do a regular mid-western girl.

You may also be more anxious than you think and the panic is coming out as language problems.

There are also about 5 million neurological, social, psychological, and dental problems that could cause this.

If you're concerned, go ahead and ask your doctor. It could be nothing but there may be something that can be done to alleviate the problem.
There are many reasons for what your asking about the only good way to find out is to talk to a doctor or pyschologist
Hmmmmm
May be there is hesitation or stress problem with u.
Few suggestion :
1. Try speak slowly.
2. Do some practice with mirror, read newspaper lowdly.
23. last but not least .. choose a friend / a group of friend to practice real time and make them find out the problem to find the proper solution.

All the best.
i would be willing to bet that your handwriting is also messy. Welcome to my world. i believe that the problem is simply that your brain sometimes works too fast for your mouth (or, in my case, my hands) to catch up. This is why i LOVE to type! Makes life much easier! Even so, sometimes my brain will get ahead of my fingers. My advice to you would be to try to consciously slow down your speech. i sometimes speak much more slowly than i would like, just so people can understand me. And i just pretty much gave up on writing anything by hand.except shopping lists and the ocassional letter. Best wishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Why do i feel Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net